enter Revolutionizing higher education requires a re-framing of what we mean by “teaching.” Transcending disciplines may be done in proposing students to define and pursue their own projects on a topic of their choice that is relevant to the world situation. Education gets highly integrated into the pursuit of social, ethical, and problem solving goals. Such an integrative approach transforms the students, as dynamic actors who define who they are, branding themselves, and acting in the pursuit of altruistic goals. Placing the student at the center of the Education system makes Higher Education more meaningful and motivating.
Along this line of thought, Deep Institute is an organization of international partners whose goals are to:
Establish Deep Education as a form of higher education that opens new, creative imaginaries to solve the current problems humanity faces.
- Create a multiversity model with local mini campuses accessible to small communities around the planet, this including settings such as jails, health care, elderly care, etc.
- Support youth potential to get a higher education, feel cared for and experience healthy and autonomous learning environments so they can have the chance to achieve their dreams.
- Present the resources in a format that allows individual, peer, and team work on applied projects useful to humanity in the various sectors of life.
- Propose an abundance of knowledge resources around a variety of transdisciplinary topics and programs crucial for the future of humanity.
- Help students learn to work together, make decisions for a harmonious society and serve their communities.
- Liberate students from the time and space constraints and formalisms of traditional academia, and credit accomplishments for their contribution to humanity beyond disciplinary boundaries.
- Serve local communities and the world community in projects for a more humane society.